TERMS OF REFERENCE
Business Development Officer
This term of reference is based on the APAMO/PACT Partnership Investment Program “Framework to Support Effective Governance of Natural Resources”.
Due to the fundamental voluntary nature of the CBOs, their institutional growth into local sound management organizations can take a long evolution. Experience has demonstrated that CBOs will be constrained to undertake their functions as co-managers, due to a weak enabling environment including inadequate management systems, financial resource deficits, and inadequate planning. Therefore, the time has come for a paradigm shift in addressing this issue and APAMO is seeking to rectify this situation through the development of an administrative and management mechanism. At its core will be a sustainable tourism development plan to generate fresh finances through a cooperative type system, whereby the CBOs will contribute towards the sustainable operations of an APAMO Central Resource Centre (ACRC), which will receive seed financing through a partnership with PACT.
The expected outcome of this strategic action for APAMO will be an institutionally strengthened network financially empowered with a membership undertaking effective protected areas management whilst generating its own revenue under the APAMO brand and a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- The APAMO secretariat serving as a central hub for evidence-based information supported by a comprehensive data and information system.
- Improved public awareness of protected areas being managed under the APAMO umbrella;
- Continued improvement of co-managed protected areas as eco-tourism destinations contributing to their sustainability;
- Strengthened partnerships with private sector including tourism businesses surrounding protected areas
- Provide oversight and mentorship of the ACRC team.
- Analyze current and past expense budgets, sales, product deficiencies, and revenues. This enables him/her to provide recommendations for the CBOs growth and resolution of problems.
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business.
- Assist in the development of investment proposals for funding for the organization.
- Develop the necessary monitoring tool/s to monitor and assess the organization’s membership engagement with the ACRC and make necessary recommendations for its enhancement.
- Assist in the preparation of annual ACRC budget (marketing) and track expenses relating to the budget.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the CBOs and their development practices, its marketing activities, prospective clients, and the trends for the industry.
- Conduct financial analyses of business initiatives at CBO managed protected areas.
- Participate in forums related to Tourism; including conferences and client discussions.
- Develop and be responsible for the management of a visitors’ database (Volumes and surveys)
- Be responsible for providing support to members in the development and implementation of Business and Finance Plans.
- Provide support in proposal design and development to members.
- Provide support in Business Development training to members.
- Be responsible for mobilizing funds for the organization and establish partnerships with national and international entities including the private sector.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing the APAMO Certificate of Good Standing program.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing the necessary strategies, and tools to periodically conduct management effectiveness assessments.
- Be responsible to lead the development of a state of protected areas report.
- Undertake any other relevant duty assigned by the Executive Director.
Minimum Academic Qualifications, Professional Experience& Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Tourism or Natural Resources Management or any other related field of studies.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of business, tourism, marketing and or natural resources management.
- Experienced in developing management and Business Plans
- S/he must have proven experience in delivering quality outputs on time and proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in the tourism field would be an asset.
- Experience with planning for ecological based community organizations and of protected areas management would be an asset.
- Experience in mobilization of finance from nation al and international entities
TERM OF WORK
Contracted employment for one-year renewable at the end based on performance.
The employee will be based at the APAMO office located in Belmopan City and will report to the Executive Director.
Based on qualifications and experience.
Interested eligible candidates shall submit a letter of expression of interest and request the complete TOR accompanied by a copy of a recent CV no later than 23rd March 2020 to:
| Executive Director APAMO email@example.com Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org |