TERMS OF REFERENCE
This term of reference is based on the APAMO/PACT Partnership Investment Program “Framework to Support Effective Governance of Natural Resources”.
Due to the fundamental voluntary nature of the CBOs, their institutional growth into local sound management organizations can take a long evolution. Experience has demonstrated that CBOs will be constrained to undertake their functions as co-managers, due to a weak enabling environment including inadequate management systems, financial resource deficits, and inadequate planning. Therefore, the time has come for a paradigm shift in addressing this issue and APAMO is seeking to rectify this situation through the development of an administrative and management mechanism. At its core will be a sustainable tourism development plan to generate fresh finances through a cooperative type system, whereby the CBOs will contribute towards the sustainable operations of an APAMO Central Resource Centre (ACRC), which will receive seed financing through a partnership with PACT.
- Strengthened and viable CBOs as local institutions providing effective management of the protected areas adjacent to their communities.
- APAMO as an institutionally strengthened network financially empowered with a membership undertaking effective protected areas management whilst generating its own revenue under the APAMO brand and a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- The necessary enabling conditions to achieve the desired outcomes of PACT’s investments. It will support biodiversity and ecosystem protection, revenue generation and financial sustainability in the first instance for CBOs, and socio-economic benefits for the respective buffer communities.
- Manage office supplies, stock and place orders for ACRC.
- Assist in preparation of regular reports on the ACRC expenses and office budgets, in coordination with the Accounting and Finance Officer.
- Assist in maintenance and update of ACRC and other organization survey databases.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for the ACRC and the Association (hard and electronic)
- Responsible for scanning of documents, general typing and photocopying
- Undertake secretarial duties for ACRC including answering the office phone, and managing messages
- Assist in answering queries by ACRC staff, APAMO members and the general public.
- Assist in updating office policies as needed.
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments.
- Responsible in managing the Attendance Register.
- Book meeting rooms as required.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Prepare Minutes of APAMO Executive Council and General Assembly meetings and summarize and distribute Minutes of various meetings on which APAMO participates.
- Arrange travel and accommodations.
- Schedule in-house and external events.
- Assist in the coordination of members’, workshops and seminars, general assembly, executive council and other meetings
- Assist the Executive Director in other relevant duties assigned
Minimum Academic Qualifications, Professional Experience& Skills
- An Associate’s Degree or the equivalent in Business Administration and or a minimum of two (2) years’ secretarial experience.
- Computer literacy and in the use of Microsoft Office programs e.g. Excel & PowerPoint is required.
- The individual should be self-motivated with a willingness to be trained.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a tactful manner when required.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in speaking and writing English. Proficiency in Spanish is an asset.
TERM OF WORK
Contracted employment for one-year renewable at the end based on performance.
The employee will be based at the APAMO office located in Belmopan City and will report to the Executive Director.
Based on qualifications and experience
Interested eligible candidates shall submit a letter of expression of interest and request the complete TOR accompanied by a copy of a recent CV no later than 17th April 2019 to: