POSITION: PROGRAM MANAGER
A highly motivated and energetic individual is needed to join one of Belize’s leading Community -based Organization. The Community Baboon Sanctuary is a voluntary membership grass-roots not for profit / NGO whose mission is: to promote cooperation with governmental and non-governmental agencies to conserve the CBS natural resources, foster sustainable eco-cultural tourism, assist in the development of cottage industries and enterprises, while at the same time recognizing and encouraging the substantial role of women in the conservation, family and economic sector.
The Program Manager will be directly responsible for the management of the project entitled “Updating the Voluntary Pledging System of Landowners /Memberships of the Community Baboon Sanctuary Belize River Valley”, provide direct support to the Administrator in carrying out CBSWCG mission, implementing its objectives and strategic plan and strengthening the organization to address threats, opportunities and policy issues affecting the CBS.
1.) Maintaining a viable population of Black Howler Monkeys;
2) maintaining the interconnected Corridor Integrity of CBS lands;
3.) Development of a Comprehensive Management Pledge System to Achieve Conservation Targets;
4.) Maintain the Security and Integrity of Community Conserved Area (CCA) areas;
5.) Financial sustainability; 3.) Networking with members, local and international organizations;
6.) The National Protected Areas and System Plan;
7.) Capacity Building and Livelihood as part of the CBS 5 Year Management Plan
Qualifications and Experience
• Associate degree in Business Administration and Accounting
• Knowledge simple accounting; or quick books; spread sheets; would be desirable
• Good knowledge of developing and maintaining database
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience of NGO’s management and project management
• Good public relations skills
• Working with rural communities will be an asset
• Must possess good Business /Project Management Etiquette (especially meeting reporting deadlines to funders)
• The Program Manager will be based in Bermudian Landing and will work and report directly to the president of the management authority
• The Project Manager will usually work in the office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take you to non-standard workplaces
• The Project Manager is required to work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
Salary is Negotiable
Letter of Application along with curriculum vitae, 2 letters of recommendations, one being from a previous employer, and 1 from a person in good standing, and a recent police record should be sent to:
Community Baboon Sanctuary Women’s Conservation Group
Belize District, or
P.O. Box 1428
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Deadline for application is Wednesday January 31st, 2018.
A detailed Terms of Reference can be made available upon request