Turneffe Atoll Sustainability Association
1216 Blue Marlin Blvd
Belize City, Belize
Vacancy- Conservation Officer
This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma. Must have good boat handling and navigational skills. Minimum 2 year working experience in protected areas management is required. Enforcement officer experience will be an asset.
Conservation Officer will report to the Chief Conservation Officer.
The Conservation Officer will ensure that the Turneffe Atoll Marine Reserve (TAMR) regulations are upheld. This will entail implementing enforcement and maintenance programs and environmental education and outreach in accordance with the TAMR Management Plan.
1. Surveillance and Enforcement of Turneffe Atoll Marine Reserve, in accordance with the Fisheries Regulations, including the issuing of warning and summons for Fisheries or Marine Reserve violations as warranted;
2. Assist in creating case files and court files for all fisheries and marine reserve regulations violations;
3. Interact with fishers, land owners, tour operators, tour guides and visitors informing them of the rules and regulations of the reserve;
4. Assist with research and monitoring projects;
5. Upkeep and tracking (via logbooks) of infrastructure and equipment;
6. Prepare daily and weekly written report of activities;
7. Prepare work plans and performance objectives for individual’s area of work;
8. Assist in education and outreach program activities;
9. Any other task that may be assigned from time to time;
1. Boat handling and navigational;
3. Computer literate (word, excel, power point, access);
4. Basic knowledge on marine outboard engines;
5. Knowledge on GPS;
6. Good interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team;
7. Good organizational skill;
8. Responsible and respectful;
9. First aid training.
The position is based at the marine reserve and pay will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Belizean resident preferred.
To apply: Please send your letter of interest, CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop applications at TASA’s Office.
Application deadline: January 29th 2018.