Terms of Reference (TOR)
National Individual Coonsultant (IC) – Short Term Spatial Data Specialist
- Project Title
“The Technical Support to Eligiblee Parties to Produce the Sixth National Report to the Convvention on Biological Diversity project”
- Project Description
Belize has been Party to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) since 30th December 1993. The Technical Support to Eligible Parties to Produce the Sixth National Report to the Convention on Biological Diversity projectt addresses the country’s need to continue to fulfill its obligations under the CBD, with particular focus on the Convention’s Article 17 and the CBD Conference of the Parties (COP) Decision X/2. Above all,, the project is a significant contribution to Belizee’s efforts towards implementing the CBD Strrategic Plan 2011-2020 at the national level. It will contribute to the global assessment of progress in achieving the ABTs, and to an understanding of the naational contributions made to the Strategic Plann by this progress. The same information is also relevant for the assessment of progress toward other international commitments including the SDGs.
The goal of this project is to provide technical support to GEF-eligible Parties, as Belize, in their commitment of developing high quality, gender-responsive and data-driven sixth national report (6NR) that improves national deccision-making processes for the implementation of NBSAPs;
The project will also achie ve its objective through the implementation of four main outcomes;
- Establishment of a Prooject Steering Committee (PSC)
- Production of stakeholder owned reports for each Aichi Biodiversity Targets and/or national equivalent
- Compilation, revision and finalization of the 6NR
- Participation in traininng and capacity building opportunities for the project team and the steering committee. Activities include: (a) training in the use of the CBD online reporting tool, and (b) training in the develo pment of data that reports on progress in achieving the targets and activities in the 2016 – 2020 NBSAP.
- Scope of Work
Work closely with the Data Collection and Reporting Officer to deliver relevant spatial and photographic data, relevant to target reporting.
- Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC) and the Data Colleection and Reporting Officer the Spatial Data Specialist is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Revision of the NBSAP Goals, Targets, Actions and Indicators
- Develop a report on t he analysis of NBSAP Targets progress reporting data needs and gaps
- Conduct interviews wiith relevant stakeholders to analyse availability of relevannt data.
- Development of relevant GIS layers for reporting
- Consultations with relevant stakeholders and experts to verify data compiled and developed.
- Submission of final reeport on data needs and gaps and provision of files coontaining layers and images mapped to relevant NBSAP targets.
- Conduct a capacity needs assessment for spatial data reporting of relevant stakeholders.
- Submission of Application Package:
Proposals are required to submit by email or in 1 sealed envelope clearly labeled RFP: Short Term Spatial Data Specialist.
6th National Report Project (6NR-LAC)
Attn: Project Coordinator
Biodiversity Project Office
Slim Lane, City of Belmopan
Cayo District, Belize, C.A.
Tel: (501) 828-9056, 7882